Our adventure starts at 08:30 am. We’ll take you from your hotel or apartment where you stay.
We head to Stara Zagora city. This is the 5th largest city in the country. It’s built on top of an old Roman village called Irinopolis. Many valuable mosaics, tombs, and antiques from the old ages have been found there. A part of the antique theatre is still well preserved. Todays Stara Zagora streets are still following the plans and routes of the ancient Romans roads.
In our city walking tour, we will see surrounded by the Palace of Justice, the unique museum of religions, the Opera house and the old Dramatic theatre accommodating lots of massive remains of the ancient Roman city of Ulpia Augusta Traina.
For lunch, we’ll enjoy typical Bulgarian cuisine in a local restaurant.
Filled with energy we depart for Aul Baga-Tur where we are being expected by our hosts. What will happen there?
We’ll spend 2 hours in which:
- We’ll be introduced to the world of ancient Bulgarians with a talk in exposition tent. There you’ll learn about and even see and touch the old weapons of our ancestors.
- Then, our Bagatur hosts will make a demonstration of their skills in using different weapons, wrestling, horse riding, and other impressive performances.
- Now is your turn! You’ll become a part of Baga – proto-Bulgarian name of warrior group of up to 10 people.
- You’ll go through a training
- You’ll shoot with a bow. The bow activities are taking part as a game in which your speed and skill will be tested. You’ll get basic knowledge in shooting with a bow into different targets.
- All warriors will be able to get closer to the sacred proto-Bulgarian animal – the horse. With the help of our host, you’ll learn to lead and stay on top of a horse.
- At the end, you’ll be able to taste a typical proto-Bulgarian meal – kartalak. You’ll also drink some Ayrian – drink made of yogurt, water, and salt.
*** This Bagatur program will cost an additional 150 euro per group up to 10 people which is payable at the place. For example, if you’re a group of 4 people, then the cost will be 37.5 euro per person. If you are a group from 6 people it will be 25 euro pp and so on.
Enriched from the experience we are saying goodbye to the Bagaturs and head back to Plovdiv.
Expected time of arrival in Plovdiv – 6:00 pm
Tour duration: 9 hours
Important: We reserve the right to make changes to the tour if there are circumstances that occur and are beyond our control – like severe weather conditions, strikes etc.